Monday, February 11, 2013

Visible Instructions on an Invisible Part

 
This is unacceptable!!!


GOOD
BAD

Ladies and gents I have had enough! I was going to leave you Weave wearing wonders alone but being the weave wearing wonder that I am, I am taking it upon myself to put a few of you on “Invisible Part punishment! I know the guys reading this are scratching their heads in confusion like “what is an invisible part”, but for my veterans in the weave world you know exactly what I am referring too. 

                An invisible part is a technique introduced a few years ago that gives your weave hair styles an illusion as if it is really your hair. By placing cut pieces of onto the part of your hair one over another, it gives an illusion as if it were your actual hair. You can place the part wherever you desire giving your full head sew in the most natural look ever! When first applied you should not be able to see your scalp at all.  Not only does this allow you to give a more perfected look, it preserves the part so that when your hair actually grows out, the part separates in a more natural way giving a more natural look.  I fell in love the first time I got it done and have been hooked ever since.
The problem is that I see the majority of you ladies walking around with a part as wide as when Moses split the red sea! You are driving me crazy and it looks tacky!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                If your natural hair is brown and you decided to weave your hair with blonde hair and you have a space in between your part the size of a field goal revealing your brown roots that means one of two things. It’s either time to tighten that part up or whoever did your part really doesn’t like you.  Ladies the whole point in wearing weave as I said before is to give illusion that it is actually your hair.  When is the last time you parted your hair and had a 6 inch space in between? NEVER! I pass out in utter shock when I see weaves done and the parts look as if they have had it in for months and they just got it done!
Another pet peeve of mine is this tacky application of the part.   Hints the name “INVISIBLE PART” ladies, if I can see the tracks in your part it is no longer invisible and whoever did your hair needs their weave doing duties revoked immediately before we have a world of visible part wearing women!  Have you ever seen a shelf of books all lined up together then you take one book out and they all fall and you see that ripple effect? A lot of you are walking around like that and think that it’s cute.  It’s not! Invisible parts are to be done with precision, immaculately laid in such a way that you could never guess it was fake.  I am 6ft tall ladies, I can see the top of your heads and your part immediately screams at me, so lets fix that immediately because if I can see it, I know everyone else can see it as well.
                Last but most certainly not least, can someone please explain to me why some of you desire to be a cone head? The closure.  Good God! I have seen more teepee’s on the top of weaves than I have at a whole Indian reservation and I am starting to feel extremely sorry for these woman!  Just like when you bake a cake your icing is the last part you do and you make sure you apply it evenly and make sure its smooth, or when you are painting your nails you make sure you apply an even amount and then you put on the clear polish to make sure they look perfect.  The same goes for weave closures! It seems like I have said it a million times but this will make it a million and one, weave is to be worn is such a way that it gives the illusion that it is your natural hair, but with these cone head closures you all are letting the cat out of the bag!  Closures are to be created by rolling the track side of the hair up and then flipping the hair upside down to where before you apply it, it looks like a palm tree.  Then you put glue on the area your about place your closure and on the closure itself.  Here goes the secret to all the cone headed, teepee top closure pieces; you find something heavy and flat, like a book, or oil sheen can, jar of peanut butter, whatever you can find and you push it down flattening the closure.  Yes your neck may hurt, yes you may have a headache afterwards, but pain is beauty people! You continue to do this until you no longer have a growth in your head then you brush it and proceed with your style.  

                We have to do better ladies and gentleman, weave is wonderful, it is convenient, and if done properly it can fool the best of them. But we are going to have to stay away from the 6 inch separation of the parts, rippled part applications, and the cone head closures! Please take this as constructive criticism, I care about how you look, I really do so take these suggestions in love and fix your parts ladies! 

Good Part 
Horrible Part!!!



3 comments:

  1. Kashaun, great job! This was very entertaining, but most importantly, informing. I'm all about women empowerment, so it's awesome that your trying to help them by providing advice and examples of what to and what not to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I love this! There are so many women out there with their weaves looking like George Jefferson's blad spot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! This was entertaining while very informative and helpful to A LOT of women! Thank you for doing this! Hopefully enough people see this and make that not so invisible part a great invisible part!

    ReplyDelete